Denied Entry to Canada

Have you been denied entry to Canada in 2023?

Have you been Denied Entry to Canada?

Denied Entry to Canada

If you are considered inadmissible to Canada, this means that you are precluded from entry into the country. This can be based on any one of a number of different reasons. For example, the most common reasons often include a previous criminality (DUI, DWI), medical condition or noncompliance of regulations associated to a previous entry into Canada.

You Have Options to Return to Canada

If you have been denied entry into Canada, it is important you deal with the situation properly. If you have a criminal record like a DUI or something even more serious a Canadian Border Service Officer may deny you entry to Canada.  You can overcome this situation by filing the right paperwork and may still be admitted into Canada.

Your best option would be to file a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) application which is Form IMM 5708.   If the paperwork has been filled correctly and you meet the requirement then Canada Visa office will issue you a Form IMM 5708 which indicates that you do met the requirement for admission to Canada (Temporary Resident Permit).  Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) can be issued for validity of up to 3 years.


Reasons to Be Denied Entry to Canada:

You may be denied entry to Canada due to any of the following reasons:

1. Denied for Security Grounds

  • An officer has reasonable grounds to believe you are engaging, will engage or have engaged in acts which breach security
  • Involvement in an organization that would harm others, including violence or terrorism
  • History of human or international rights violations
  • Spying or gathering information for the benefit of the country of origin

2. Refused for Criminal Grounds

Enter Canada with DUI

  • A conviction outside Canada must be equivalent to an offence in Canada and may be subject to inadmissibility
  • Common convictions that will likely impair prohibit an individual from entering into Canada include: impaired driving convictions like DUI or DWI, reckless or dangerous driving, common assault, street racing, resisting a police officer, any drug related offences, DUI, DWI and theft or fraud.

3. Denied Entry to Canada for Health Grounds

  • Every foreign national upon entry into Canada requires a medical certificate; indicating they are not inadmissible on health grounds base don the last medical examination (previous 12 months)
  • Any health conditions that is likely to cause or endanger health and safety of Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
  • A health condition that, if treated, will excessively burden Canadian health or social services

4. Refused to Canada for Financial Grounds

  • There is a lack of resources to provide for yourself and your family members
  • You must satisfy an officer that sufficient arrangements for care and support are in place, which does not involve any social assistance.

5. Denied Entry to Canada for Misrepresentation

Any material facts related to a current application which is either withheld or misrepresented, is grounds for inadmissibility into Canada.  This includes:

  • Providing false information or withholding information
  • Fraudulent documentation

Temporary Resident Permit Canada

Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

There are many reasons which you could be denied entry into Canada. Those who face this situation may still enter Canada temporarily by first obtaining a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). This Permit overcomes inadmissibility and allows temporary access to Canada.

More about Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

Criminal Rehabilitation Canada

Criminal Rehabilitation

While a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) may help you overcome a criminal inadmissibility  (Deny Entry into Canada) for a finite amount of time, Criminal Rehabilitation overcomes this inadmissibility permanently. This means that, if successfully obtained, a Criminal Rehabilitation will ensure that you are never again considered inadmissible for your previous convictions. Qualifying for this is based on the severity of the offense(s) and the lapse of time from the most recent offense.

More about Criminal Rehabilitation

Record Suspensions Canada

Record Suspensions

A Record Suspension (formerly a pardon) allows people who were convicted of a criminal offence, but have completed their sentence and demonstrated they are law-abiding citizens for a prescribed number of years, to have their criminal record kept separate and apart from other criminal records. Therefore, if you have received a pardon for a previous offense, you are not considered inadmissible to Canada as a result of that offense.

More about Record Suspension

Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)

Authorization to Return to Canada

If you have been the subject of a removal order from Canada you will not be able to enter Canada for a period of time without first obtaining prior authorization. This is aptly named an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC). You will need this to return to Canada prior to the necessary amount of time passing since and depending on your removal.

More about Authorization to Return to Canada

Still Confused?

There are many other requirements as well. To be sure that you are moving on the right path, you should  discuss your options with an Immigration Consultant or a Lawyer.  We have helped many people overcome  inadmissibility to Canada. We can help you too. All you need to do is make a call and we can take it from there. We will arrange an appointment for you and a dedicated representative will discuss your matter with you. This experienced person will stay by your side throughout the process and will keep you informed about your application as it progresses.

 We can Help You!

Immigration Lawyers can help you!

We have dealt with hundreds of immigration Temporary Resident Permit application and denied entry cases. We have helped our clients in their difficult situations and have guided them to draft a more effective application. We can help you draft your application and arrange the required documents. A well-planned and complete application will increase your likelihood of acceptance and will save your from hassle.

If you are worried about the legal fees, don't be! Our goal is to help everyone that is interested in immigrating to Canada. Contact us and we can provide numerous options for you. You can also purchase our very affordable Do it Yourself Immigration Kits which outline everything for you. If you are still not sure, feel free to contact us. We will review your case before you submit it to give you the best possible outcome.

Denied Entry to Canada TRP Kit
Denied Entry to Canada TRP Kit
Rated 5/5 based on 1 customer reviews
$399.00In stock
Product description: If you have been denied entry into Canada, you are not out of options. Our Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) kit will help you overcome this inadmissibility by following this easy to understand and step-by-step guide.
Customer reviews:
Excellent TRP Kit - by Jonson,
November 10, 2014
5/ 5stars
After being denied entry to Canada I purchased the TRP kit and filled my own application and was able to get back into Canada.
Denied Entry To Canada TRP Reviewed by Allen White on . Great work getting me back into Canada!I had to attend a business meeting in Toronto and was refused entry into Canada because of DUI offense I had in my record 16 years ago. I contacted Akrami & Associates and Shabnam explained the whole process to me and I was able to make it to my meeting. Very Happy! Rating: 5.0

You can also check our site dedicated to Denied Entry To Canada

More Denied Entry Content

Display #
Denied Entry to Canada for DUI or Other Criminal Offenses
Denied Entry to Canada
Refused Entry at the Canadian Border
Refused Entry to Canada?
Criminal Inadmissibility
Denied entry to Canada Temporary Resident Permit

Tags: Denied Entry to Canada for DUI Visa Waiver DUI Denied entry to Canada

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here