Opportunities for Students in Canada

Posted in Post Graduate Work Permit

Thousands of students travel to Canada for studying purposes every year. This is partially due to the high standard of education provided in the country and partially because of the fact that many plan to further their career and establish themselves and their families in Canada.

On Graduation You can Apply for Work Permit

You can apply for this work permit, as soon as you graduate from your program. Your permit is valid for the number of years that you have studied in Canada up to a maximum of 3 years. For instance, if you have just completed a one year course, you are entitled for a one year work permit.

Requirements for Post-Graduate Work Permit

Usually the Post-graduate Work Permit is easily granted to graduates without much hassle. All you need to keep in mind that you follow these two important rules:

  • You must apply for the work permit before your Study Permit expires.
  • The application for the post graduation work permit must be filed within ninety days of your graduation.

It is mandatory that you provide the evidence to the immigration office that you have met all the requirements of the degree.

After the PGWPP, you can apply for Immigration

Many students, who initially enter Canada for a study, try to settle in the country. The only way is to gain useful work experience and later apply for permanent residence on its basis. Since you have worked in Canada, you are considered under the Canadian Experience Class category. The category offers a stream lined process for the applicants. You may also be eligible under the Federal Skilled –Arranged Employment.

Requirements for Permanent Residence after Graduation

Under the Canadian Experience Class, you need to meet the following requirements before you apply for immigration:

  • Your program must be at least two years long
  • You must have worked on full-time basis for at least one year
  • You must have required language skills in either English or French

It is important that the work experience must have gained on the basis of a valid work permit. You are required to provide the evidence of your language abilities through standardized certifications. The test scores must have been received within the last two years.

Tags: Post-graduate Work Permit Work Permit Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration Opportunities for Students in Canada

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here