Post-graduate Work Permit Requirements

Posted in Post Graduate Work Permit

Requirements For Post-graduate Work Permit

The Post-graduate Work Permit Program allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience.

As well, skilled Canadian work experience gained through the Post Graduate Work Permit Program helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

To work in Canada after you graduate, you must apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP). If you want to stay in Canada as a permanent resident after you graduate, there are a number of programs available, each with its own requirements.

In order to be eligible for a post graduate work permit, as the applicant, you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must have studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.
  • In addition, you must have graduated from:
  • a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, or university
  • a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions, or
  • a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees but only if you are enrolled in one of the programs of study leading to a degree as authorized by the province
  • You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.
  • You must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate.
  • You must have a valid Study Permit when you apply for the work permit.

Note, that if you studied in Canada without the proper authorization, you are not eligible for the post graduate work permit program. Also, this time studied will not count towards any further applications like the Canadian Experience Class.

Akrami & Associates and our team of highly skilled immigration professionals have been helping foreign nationals, not only study in Canada but continue their education and obtain their permanent status in Canada.

If you are a foreign student in Canada, contact us to find out how we can help you. The choices you make now will impact future applications.

Tags: Post-graduate Work Permit Work Permit Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration Post-graduate Work Permit Requirements

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here