The Super Visa Alternative to Parental Sponsorship

Posted in Super Visa

Super Visa for Parents

In order to compensate for the closure of the parental and grandparental sponsorship applications, citizenship and immigration Canada opened the Super Visa application. This visa, though temporary, can be valid for up to ten years for parents and grandparents to be able to enter and exit Canada.

The Super Visa is a unique visa for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents which is valid for up to ten years and allows an applicant to remain in Canada for up two years at a time without the need for renewal of their status.

Can my brother or sister apply for a Super Visa?

Unfortunately no, this visa is unique only to parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

Can my parents bring other family members as dependents on a Super Visa?

You cannot include dependents on this application. Only the spouse of your parents or grandparents can accompany them on this application.

How much money do I need to apply for a super visa?

The amount of finances available for a Super Visa is dependent on the size of your family as well as well as the ability to take care of the family member(s) who will be coming from abroad to stay with you. You will need to provide proof of funds available that demonstrate either your parents' ability to take care of themselves in Canada or your ability to do so.

What documents are needed for a Super Visa?

  • The applicant's ties to her home country
  • The purpose of the visit
  • Your financial situation
  • Proof of medical insurance for at least one year
  • Complete a medical examination

How my parents to take a medical exam for the Super Visa? Can my parent's go to their family doctor?

Applicants will certainly have to undergo a medical exam. These exams need to be conducted by a designated physician, or panel physician, who is authorized through Citizenship and Immigration Canada to perform such medical exams. Not just any doctor will do. Panel physicians can be found all across the world and can be found by doing a search for them based on location from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Tags: Super Visa Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration The Super Visa Alternative to Parental Sponsorship

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here