What is a TRP Video

Posted in Temporary Resident Permit Videos

Have you been Denied Entry into Canada? If so, watch video below that discusses what a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is, who can qualify for this permit, on what grounds you can be considered inadmissible to Canada, which Port of Entry to submit your TRP application and much more!!

What is a TRP

A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is a travel document issued to individuals who wish to enter Canada but have inadmissibility issues that prevent them from entering Canada due to a number of reasons. Temporary Resident Permits are usually issued to individuals who have a criminal record and want to enter the country based on certain circumstances and/or external factors. These criminal records, whether major offences – such as acts of terrorism – or minor offences – such as shoplifting, dui, misdemeanour, could cause inadmissibility problems. Issuing a Temporary Resident Permits to foreign nationals allows immigration officers to determine if an individual with a criminal record should be allowed to enter the country based on the reasons they provide; and if so, how long they can stay in the country.

Temporary Resident Permit allows you entry into Canada for temporary basis and issued for maximum of 3 years. It is important to attain this permit as it will make your entries to Canada much easier. When asking for a Temporary Resident Permit the intent should only be temporary whether it is for leisure, business, family emergency, wedding or any other reasons you may have.

TRP can be filed either at the Port of Entry or at the Consulate level. To determine where to submit depends on how many offences you have on record, how long ago it was, what you completed for it, reason for travel etc. It is always recommended to submit a TRP application at Consulate level as well as it demonstrates to the immigration officer you are taking every step to resolve the inadmissibility.

Remember it does not matter how long ago your offence occurred, even if it was 50 years ago you still be may denied entry to Canada. So ensure you go in prepared rather than taking the chance of getting denied entry.

If you like to have a permanent solution you may be eligible to apply for Criminal Rehabilitation application, once approved you can travel with ease to Canada without having to worry being stopped by the immigration officer.

If you have been Denied Entry to Canada due to your inadmissibility give us a call today and let us determine the next best options available to you.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Temporary Resident Permit and many other immigration matters, check out our site:

or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Tags: What is a TRP Should I Fly or Drive to File my TRP Application What Border Should I File my TRP application TRP Application at Port of Entry TRP Application Port of Entry Interview Tips Denied Entry to Canada for Criminality or Inadmissibility Applying for a TRP at the POE Applying at a Port of Entry for TRP or Criminal Rehabilitation What Documents do I Need to Include with TRP Application TRP Documents reasons for being denied entry to canada TRP application Denied Entry to Canada for Health Reasons what is a TRP and how can i qualify for one Crossing Border with DUI or DWI Video Need Versus Risk When Issuing a TRP Denied Entry to Canada for DUI Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our immigration specialists will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our immigration specialist will contact you. Click here

  • Reviews

    Shabnam, I wanted to personally thank you for all your hard work and dedication to me and my wife. Our new lives together are all thanks to you. Considering the unique circumstances that initially prevented her, I had lost hope. I will make sure that if anyone I know needs immigration help, I will be sending them your way. Again, I can’t thank you enough.

    Frank T. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Fantastic news, I entered Canada without a hitch. Once the guard at the border saw the package you had prepared for me, he took about ten minutes and handed me my permit. What I relief! I don’t know why I ever tried this without you guys! Thank you!

    Paul R. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    I got my visitors visa thanks to Shabnam. I just want to thank her and all the team for her hard work. They all did a very good job.

    Lucy A. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Reception was very nice and was sure to answer the questions he could but made sure I was taken care of by a rep at the firm. Shabnam was extremely helpful and I will be calling again when I am ready to proceed.

    Salvatore M. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Akrami & Associates was extremely professional and the most efficient legal team I have ever had the pleasure of dealing. They responded to my emails quickly, never missed a phone call and explained the process to me in such a way that anyone could understand, even me. Thanks to them, I was able to hire the workers my business needed mush sooner than I had ever expected. You can’t go wrong with them.

    Fahim S. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    We have used Akrami & Associates for all of our immigration needs. They have never let us down and we couldn’t be happier. They took care of us from start to finish with little effort on our part. An excellent group of legal professionals.

    Michael W. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star