Denied Entry to Canada Facts Video

Posted in Denied Entry to Canada Videos

If you have an inadmissibility you could be Denied Entry to Canada. Watch our video to learn about the options available to you and what steps you can take to have a successful entry at the Canadian border.

Denied Entry to Canada Facts

If you have been convicted of a felony offense and are looking at entering Canada you may be eligible to apply for Criminal Rehabilitation or Temporary Resident Permit. Criminal Rehabilitation is a process that ultimately removes your inadmissibility issue to Canada. If approved, your past convictions will no longer be an issue when attempting to cross the border (or for permanent residency). Criminal Rehabilitation, once accomplished, signifies that you now have a stable lifestyle, have changed your behaviour, and are unlikely to commit any further criminal acts. Criminal Rehabilitation is only available for individuals who have past criminal convictions from outside of Canada. Specifically, you are only able to apply for Criminal Rehabilitation if you committed a criminal act outside of Canada and five years have passed since then, or if you have been convicted outside of Canada and five years have passed since you completed your sentence. If you are looking to only visit Canada temporarily, you may consider applying for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). This permit, if granted, will allow you to enter Canada temporarily (as determined on your permit). However, a TRP is only valid for one-time entry and must be renewed each time it expires. Criminal Rehabilitation, however, permanently resolves your inadmissibility issue such that you will not need to deal with it again the next time you attempt to enter Canada.

When convicted of an offense the immigration officer equates your criminal offense to the Canadian criminal code. Usually a felony offense is equated to what is called an indictable offense in Canada. However not all the offences that are labeled felony are considered an indictable offence in Canada, because it may be a hybrid offense which means it could be a summary conviction or an indictable offense. To determine under what category you belong under the immigration officer looks at your sentence and what you had to complete for it whether it is a fine or probation or combination of both to determine if this will actually be considered an indictable offence had it happened in Canada.

If you have been convicted of an offense and are unsure what you are eligible for then please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our immigration representatives have great deal of experience with Criminal Rehabilitation and Temporary Resident Permit application and we can help you too.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Denied Entry to Canada and many other immigration matters, check out our site:

or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tags: Denied Entry Facts Denied Entry to Canada for Health Reasons Canadian immigration officer at port of entry interview questions i have to come to canada for business but denied entry I was denied entry to canada for inadmissibility what can i do What An Officer Looks For When You Arrive At The Border? Denied Entry to Canada Can I File My Own Application? Denied entry to Canada Temporary Resident Permit Denied Entry at the Canadian Border Denied Entry to Canada for DUI Authorization to Return to Canada ARC Criminal Rehabilitation Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) Denied entry to Canada

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here