Do Professional Athletes need a work permit for Canada
If you are professional athlete you do not require Work Permit. Who is considered a professional athlete? To determine ask yourself the below questions:
- are you considered a professional or amateur
- are you known in sports
- are you a coach
- are you trainer
Examples of who does not need a work permit:
- amateur players on Canadian teams
- foreign pet owners entering their own animal in a show – eg. dog handler
- jockeys racing horses from foreign-based stables
- racing car drivers
- persons attending professional team tryouts
If you are not sure if you are exempt from the Work Permit as an athlete then contact Akrami & Associates to determine your options.
With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!
If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!
We hope you enjoy the video!
For more information on Canada Work Permit and many other immigration matters, check out our site:
or Call us at
416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121
416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182