Canadian Experience Class

What is the Canadian Experience Class?

The Canadian Experience Class allows certain foreign students who are graduates of a Canadian post secondary institution ad possess professional, managerial, and skilled Canadian work experience to apply for permanent residence. This class was created so that graduates from post secondary institutions and temporary foreign workers with Canadian experience can transition to permanent residence status.

To qualify, a temporary foreign resident must have maintained her status within the 24 months before applying for permanent residence.

If the applicant was a student, then after having graduated with a diploma, degree or trade from a Canadian post secondary institution she/he must have acquired at least 12 months of full time work experience or the equivalent in part time work experience in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill type 0 or skill level A or B of the NOC matrix.

To qualify for permanent residence the foreign worker must prove that he/she gained work experience

The applicant must demonstrate a language proficiency that corresponds to the Canadian Language Benchmark for the English and French language.

Furthermore the applicant has to admissible in Canada. if the individual has any record that can lead to inadmissibility it would be a rejection for the application under this class.

It is important to understand that an individual’s self employment hours, work experience as a co-op student or unauthorized work hours will not count toward the 12 month period requirement.

Please ensure you also look at the Express Entry section of our website.

If you have any further question regarding the requirements of the experience class and whether you are eligible under it, feel free to contact us and we will help you in your matter.