Shabnam Akrami Blogs

Shabnam Akrami is the Managing Partner and Founder of Akrami & Associates.

Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class

What is the Canadian Experience Class?

Well, the Canadian Experience Class is a program that falls under a category of Canadian Immigration. This program is geared towards you if you have already obtained work experience within Canada. This is where Temporary Foreign Workers in Canada may apply for Permanent Residence.

How much work experience is required of you to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class?

In order to be able to apply under this program you must have the equivalent of at least one year of full time work in a high skilled profession. This work experience must have been obtained within 3 years of the day that you are applying.

What about part time work?

It is possible for your part time work experience in Canada to count towards your Canadian experience; however, you will need to still reach the same amount of hours as a one full time year. This may mean that you will work two years part-time in order to have the same amount of hours as a one year full-time.

Do you need to be employed when you apply?

No, it is not required that you must be employed at the time of your application. Remember, it is just no required to be working when you apply, but of course you can be and it will not hurt your situation.

What profession classifications are accepted?

Professions that are accepted under this program are classified as being either: NOC, A, B or O. These codes are given to each profession based on the duties that take place.

Are there any occupations that aren’t accepted under the Canadian Experience Class?

Yes, in fact there are some occupations that are no longer accepted as part of the Canadian Experience Class. These occupations are:

  • Accounting technicians and any bookkeepers
  • Retail sales supervisors
  • Cooks
  • Food service supervisors
  • Administrative Officers
  • Administrative Assistants

If there is anything within these occupations that you may be unsure about please feel free to give us a call and we will assist you in any way possible.

Is there any other form of experience that won’t count towards the Canadian Experience Class?

There are a few other areas that will not be counted towards work experience for you under this class, and they are:

  • Any time period that you may have been self-employed
  • Any unauthorized work of any nature
  • Any work that you have completed in an ineligible occupation
  • As well as any employment period in which you were also in full-time study

What type of status is mandatory for the Canadian Experience Class?

In order for you to fall under the Canadian Experience Class you must have had Temporary Resident Status at the time that you gained your work experience in Canada.

We understand that this process can be very overwhelming and that’s what we are here for! We are here to assist you and ensure that everything on your end is done correctly from the start to make sure that there is no interruption in the process for any reason.

Even if you think it is just a small inquiry please contact us and let us help you figure it out!

Express Entry and International Students
How Do I Become A Canadian Citizen?

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here