Shabnam Akrami Blogs
Express Entry: Can You Apply Directly Under A Provincial Nominee Program?
What is the Provincial Nominee Program?
The majority of the Provinces throughout Canada have come to an agreement with the Federal Government which allows them to nominate immigrants who are looking to come to Canada and stay.
What are your options for applying?
Some of the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applications will be from inside the Express Entry Program. The remaining of the applications will come from outside of the Express Entry Program.
If you are qualified for a certain PNP and they are taking applications outside of the Express Entry program at the time that you wish to apply, you may make an application without ever having to make an Express Entry Profile. Instead, in that case you would be able to apply directly with your completed application to the Province under the PNP.
Your assessment will be checked for eligibility for across more than 60 immigration programs which will also include several different PNP’s.
How to Apply:
1. Attain your provincial nomination certificate
2. Do the research and find out how to apply and what is required
3. If you are not applying through the Express Entry Program, you will need to obtain an application package
4. Pay the appropriate application fees
5. Once the above is complete, you will need to submit your application
Will you need to complete any extra tests?
If you are applying as a Provincial Nominee you will need to complete a Language test if:
- You are applying for a semi or low skilled job, or;
- Under Express Entry for: Managerial job, Professional job and Technical or Skilled jobs
The test is normally valid for 2 years which starts from the date that you initially wrote the test.
If you are planning to apply directly to the Province/Territory you are going to have to apply in 2 stages.
- Apply directly to the Province/Territory that you are wishing to live. The Province will then look at your application based on its immigration needs and the legitimacy of you actually living there.
- After you are nominated by a Province/Territory you must apply for your Permanent Residence.
A medical exam has to be passed as well as a Police Check must be complete in order for you to apply. These are requirements so it does not matter where in Canada you plan on applying.
If you have any concerns on whether or not you are eligible to apply please do not hesitate to contact our staff. We have experience in helping others just like you in similar situations. Our goal is to make the process as easy for you as possible while getting it done the right way from the beginning.