Among all difficulties you have met, being separated from your loved ones is always difficult to endure. Citizenship and Immigration Canada understands this and, through the family sponsorship program, can facilitate your family’s unification in Canada.
Family Sponsorship allows you to sponsor your parents, grandparents, spouse, partner, dependent child, adopted children and other eligible relatives.
ARE YOU ABLE TO SPONSOR YOUR RELATIVES?
Let’s check the list below to see whether you meet all eligibilities criteria to legally sponsor your relatives:
- Are you 18 years old or older?
- Are you a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident?
- Are you permanently residing in Canada?
- Will you agree in writing to give financial support to your relative and any other eligible relatives coming with them for up to 10 years, depending on their age and how you are related? (This time period begins on the date they become a Permanent Resident.)
If all of your answers for those basic questions are “Yes”, you are able to go through the next steps which might exclude you from sponsoring, if you:
- Sponsored another relative in the past and did not meet the terms of the sponsorship agreement,
- Are in default of alimony or child support payments,
- Received government financial help for reasons other than being disabled,
- Were convicted of a violent crime, any offence against a relative or any sexual offence, depending on details of the case, such as
- the type of offence,
- how long ago it was and
- whether a record suspension was issued
- Did not pay back an immigration loan, made late payments or missed payments,
- Are in prison, or
- Have declared bankruptcy and have not been released from it yet.
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may face difficulty when sponsoring – but do not give up home. If you wish to be reunited with your loved one, contact us. We can help determine the best route for success or help you determine your best options of the direct approach is not suitable as per your unique situation. Remember, with Akrami & Associates, there is always a way!
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://thevisa.ca/