Giovanni Blog

Giovanni Blog about Canadian Immigration matters.

How Does The Immigration Process Work?

How Does The Immigration Process Work?

The first thing to know is that there are many immigration processes and not one of them are the same. There are different processes depending on what your reasons are for coming to Canada, how long you are planning to stay, and your personal background. There are different visas for different purposes. The list is huge and goes from if you would like to visit as a tourist to if you would like to become a permanent resident of Canada.

To Visit Canada

A Temporary Resident Visa is a visitor’s visa. A Temporary Resident Visa is a permit that allows you to enter and stay in Canada for a certain period of time. It is what you would apply for if you are visiting Canada. In other words, you are only entering for a temporary period of time. The Temporary Resident Visa can be cancelled by an officer at any time and once you leave Canada, the permit is no longer valid unless you have been allowed to leave and re-enter.

To Work in Canada

The Temporary Foreign Worker Program was put in place by the federal government to help employers contract workers from other countries when they are unable to find qualified workers in Canada. The program allows foreign nationals to work in Canada; however, they must leave Canada when their temporary employment is concluded.

It is through this program that you, as the applicant, may be able to obtain the necessary Work Permit needed to work in Canada as a foreign national.

Express Entry:

The Express Entry Program is a very new way to permanent residence in Canada. The complete name of this is Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence under certain economic programs. If you are a potential candidate, you can complete an Express Entry profile at any time.

There isn’t any deadline on completing a profile and there will be no caps as to how many people will be accepted into the pool. From this pool of candidates, you may be chosen (only the top candidates are chosen). If you are chosen, you will be invited to apply for permanent residence. If you are invited, you have a 60 day deadline to complete and submit an Application for Permanent Residence online. This application will be processed within 6 months or less.

Express Entry applies only to individuals who would qualify for these programs:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
  • Canadian Experience Class

Candidates can also be recruited from the Express Entry system by provinces and territories to enter their Provincial Nominee Program. Through this program provinces and territories can nominate people to immigrate to Canada based on their skills, education, and work experience that will contribute to the economy of that province or territory.

Live-in Caregiver Program:

The live-in caregiver program allows for an employer to hire a live-in caregiver from outside of Canada. A live-in caregiver is a person who is qualified to care for children, elderly people, and individuals with disabilities without supervision. They must also live in the home were they work. Both the caregiver and the employer have certain criteria they must meet.

Family Reunification

Super Visa for Grandparents and Parents:

The super visa is a visa that is valid for up to 10 years. It allows you to stay in Canada for up to two years at a time. Every two years you must leave the country and then you may come back as many times as you want for up to 10 years. The catch is that you must be the parent or grandparent of persons who are already Canadian citizens or at least permanent residents of Canada. You must also be allowed to enter Canada and meet certain other conditions.


There are two different ways to apply for sponsorship. There is the inland vs. the outland application. As with everything in life, there are pros and cons to each and every situation. Determining which application is best suited for you and your loved one’s specific needs may be a little confusing. There are different rules and aspects to each application which may or may not benefit you. However, understanding the differences between the two applications (inland or outland) may help with making this decision a little bit easier.

All in all, depending on the on what your reasons are for coming to Canada, how long you are planning to stay, and your personal background. There are different visas for different purposes. The first thing to do is figure out which one suits your needs the best and then determine the processes and procedures of that specific application.

Contact us, and we would be happy to assist you determine your best options and route to success.

How to Receive a Work Permit
Business Immigration

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here