Giovanni Blog

Giovanni Blog about Canadian Immigration matters.

Live-in Caregiver Eligibility

Live-in Caregiver Eligibility

There are various requirements that must be satisfied in order to become successful in the Live-in Caregiver program.

One of the requirements that must be met is having a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). Your employer will have to make an LMIA application to ESDA and get a confirmation letter that will be submitted when you apply for a work permit.

Another requirement is a written employment contract. The contract must contain all the information wanted by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). The contract terms should include wages, hours, job duties, and many more items that are important to the processing of your application. Improper formatting may result in delays!

Successful completion of secondary school education is also compulsory. If you went to school outside of Canada, the immigration officer will decide what is needed and whether your level of education is equivalent to a Canadian high school diploma.

Another one of the requirements is at least six months of training, which means full-time, classroom training in a relevant subject area such as, early childhood education or first aid. Instead of training, you may also claim work experience. This entails one year of full-time paid work, where six continuous months must be with one employer and similar to the tasks of a live-in caregiver.

In addition to the requirements set forth above, you must also be able to speak, read, and comprehend either English or French. This is to determine whether you will be able to function and take care of yourself.

Finally, you must also obtain an initial live-in caregiver work permit. A letter of introduction from a Canadian visa office will be needed to present to a Canadian Border Officer when you arrive in Canada.

With the assistance of our team at Akrami & Associates, you may be able to clarify any issues you have regarding your application, such as what an employment contract should include. Call us for more information today!

Need to visit Canada for business
Labour Market Impact Assessment – Do I Need One?

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here