Shabnam Akrami Blogs
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program
If you are interested to apply as skilled worker in Newfoundland and Labrador, you have to meet few requirements in order to qualify for that category. The Newfoundland and Labrador PNP offers one of the most relaxed systems in terms of qualifications however there are some reasons you might be disqualified from applying under this program.
You are ineligible to apply for the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program:
- If you are a failed refugee claimant;
- If you do not have a full-time job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer, unless your employer can show a need for your skill test;
- If you or any dependent family member over the age of 18 (whether or not they are coming with you) have a criminal record, you are not eligible;
- If you have unresolved custody or child support disputes. You must have these issues resolved before starting your immigration process;
- If you have intentionally misrepresented yourself in the application; or
- If the employer has intentionally misrepresented themselves or you in relation to their or your role in the business;
If you lose your job or quit your job while your Nomination process is in place, you may lose your eligibility and your Nomination process may be cancelled.
The same goes for the federal aspect of processing a Provincial Nominee application. If your permanent residency application is in place and you have lost your job or quit your job, your permanent residency application may be cancelled.
While your application is in process and you are experiencing problems regarding your employment, you have to contact a Provincial Nominee program (PNP) officer immediately.
Maintaining your qualification throughout the process is essential to success. Changes in your situation needed to be addressed and brought to the attention of either Citizenship and Immigration Canada or the Provincial Nominee Program. If you would like additional assistance in these matters, feel free to contact us an a representative would be happy to assist.
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://thevisa.ca/