The Newfoundland and Labrador Nominee Program (NLPNP) provides programs for skilled workers, family members, international graduates and entrepreneurs who wish to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador.
There are three categories under which you can apply;
- Skilled workers
- International Graduates
- Foreign Entrepreneurs
The skilled worker program is for individuals who have a guaranteed valid job offer of employment in Newfoundland or Labrador or are already working in the province on a valid work permit.
International graduates enjoy the ability to apply for nomination if they have a post graduate work permit and a job or job offer form a Newfoundland and Labrador employer.
Entrepreneurs are also welcome for nomination should they wish to start a business or purchase an existing business in the province.
You are eligible for this category if you:
- Have a full time job or job offer from and employer in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Have or are entitled to a valid work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Have the necessary qualifications of the job or job offer
- Can demonstrate ability or intent to reside in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Can demonstrate you have sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself
- Have an employer who can demonstrate a need for your skillset
- Can demonstrate sufficient English or French Language Capability
International graduates are eligible for the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program and may be assessed on the following merits:
- Have completed at least half of your studies and have graduated from a Canadian university or college
- Have completed a minimum of a two year diploma or degree program on a full time basis
- Have a full time job offer in your field of study
- Have received a degree or diploma within two years of your application
- Have a valid job offer that meets provincial standards
- Have sufficient finances to establish themselves in the province
- Can demonstrate sufficient language ability in English or French
The Entrepreneur program of the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee program is currently under revision.
Newfoundland and Labrador offer solutions to skilled workers and recent graduates who seek permanent residence in Canada. As they continue to update their programs, they continue to open doors for immigrants seeking residence in this coastal province.