Quebec vs. the Express Entry System
If you live and work in Quebec can you apply through the Express Entry System?
Quebec does not use the Express Entry system. Instead, they prefer to choose their own skilled workers. So, applications that come from Quebec will not be prioritized through the Express Entry System.
Of course, there is an exception, and that takes place if you are planning to work outside of Quebec but for a Quebec-based company still.
Are there issues to keep in mind?
Even though Quebec chooses their own immigrants, they still follow Canada’s guidelines as to whom is allowed to be let in. Some of the reasons you would be denied are:
- Attempts to overthrow government
- Terrorism, or;
- Being a member in an organization that is involved in any of the above organized crimes
Human or international right violations:
- War crimes
- Crimes against humanity
- If you’re a senior official and involved in human rights violations
- Committing a crime that is punishable for a max. of 10 years jail time in Canada
- Health grounds- endangering public or in need of excessive health/social services
- Financial reasons- not able to support yourself or family members
- Misrepresentation- giving false information
- Not complying with any section of the IRPA
- Having a member of your family whom is inadmissible may also play a role
If you still haven’t decided if Quebec is the right choice for you, make sure that you do some research. Here are 6 simple steps in order to help prepare you for your next step:
- Find out about Quebec- do your research about everything; housing, work, etc.
- Evaluate online your chances of being selected in Quebec
- Submit your immigration application
- Prepare yourself for the integration to Quebec
- Proceed to Immigration upon your arrival to Quebec
- Take the appropriate steps in order to integrate successfully into Quebec
Just remember, that Quebec does NOT deal with the Express Entry System so it is possible that your process will take time.
If you need any help with the decision to go to Quebec or continue through the Express Entry System please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help guide you comfortably throughout your entire process.