Canadian Immigration Blogs

Read blogs about Canada, Immigration Canada, and how to come to Canada.

TRP versus Criminal Rehabilitation Application

TRP versus Criminal Rehabilitation Application

What is the difference between Criminal Rehabilitation and a Temporary Resident Permit?

If you are planning a trip to Canada but you have a criminal record, you may be denied entry if you are considered ‘inadmissible’ by the Customs Officer. Canada has very strict regulations regarding entry to Canada when it comes to having a criminal record, so if you have ever committed or been convicted of either a minor or serious crime, you will have to obtain either a Temporary Resident Permit, or overcome criminal inadmissibility through Criminal Rehabilitation.

Criminal Rehabilitation and a Temporary Resident Permit are very different application processes, with different eligibility requirements and processing times; therefore it is important to understand the difference, as well as which option is the best solution for you.

Continue reading
  2815 Hits


© Akrami and Associates

2815 Hits
Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here