Canadian Immigration Blogs

Read blogs about Canada, Immigration Canada, and how to come to Canada.

How can I come to Canada with a DUI on Record

How can I come to Canada with a DUI on Record

Avoid Being Denied Entry into Canada – DUI

If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, entering Canada is usually a relatively simple process: show the officer your passport and travel documents, go through customs, and then be on your way. Quite often travelers from the U.S. will not even receive a stamp on their passports. Once you are admitted to Canada you have a valid Temporary Resident Visa (tourist visa) for 6 months, unless indicated otherwise.

When going through customs, you may be asked some general questions about your plans or business while in Canada. In some cases, you may be sent to a second area for further questioning and screening of your background. It may seem alarming or stressful if this happens to you, but it is important to remember that random background checks are part of the process for Border Services Officers (BSO). It is possible that the officer may inquire if you have a criminal background. Many travelers to Canada are unsure if a Driving Under the Influence (DUI) type charge qualifies as criminal history.

Continue reading
  2933 Hits


© Akrami and Associates

2933 Hits
Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here