Canadian Immigration Blogs

Read blogs about Canada, Immigration Canada, and how to come to Canada.

How to Apply for an Open Work Permit For Your Spouse

How to Apply for an Open Work Permit For Your Spouse

An open work permit is a work permit that does not require any job offer or LMIA. It simply allows an individual to work in Canada during their stay. You may be eligible for an open work permit if:

  1. You are already in Canada and you have applied for permanent residence and have been approved either under:
  • spousal or common law partner in Canada class
  • live-in caregiver program
  • federal skilled worker program
  • Canadian experience class
  • provincial nominee program
  • federal skilled trades program
  • humanitarian and compassionate grounds
  • a family member of someone who’s application for permanent residence has been approved for one of the listed programs

    2. Your spouse is either a skilled worker under the National Occupation Classification or a foreign student.

Continue reading
  2479 Hits
2479 Hits
Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here