What documents Do You Need For Parental Sponsorship?
Before you start filling out parental sponsorship application forms you need to gather all the required documents for the application. Use the below document checklist to guide you:
- Application to sponsor, sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM1344)
- Financial Evaluation for parents and grandparents (IMM 5768)
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law union (IMM5409)
- Generic application from for Canada (IMM 0008)
- Additional Dependent /Declaration (IMM 0008DEP)
- Schedule A- Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
- Additional family information (IMM 5406)
- Use of Representation (IMM 5476)
- Fee payment form – for sponsorship of parents and grandparent (IMM 5770)
- Photocopy of one of the documents by you and your spouse or common-law partner
o Permanent resident card (both sides), if not issued your immigration landing record or confirmation of permanent resident
o Canadian citizenship certificate of card (both sides)
o Canadian passport (page shows passport number, date of issue, expiration date, name, surname, photo, place and date of birth of holder
- Proof of principal applicant’s relationship to sponsor
o Photocopy of the sponsor’s birth certificate
o Photocopy of mother and father’s birth certificate if you are sponsoring them
- Option C printout or Notice of Assessment issued by Canada Revenue Agency for last three years
- Copy of travel documents or passport of principal applicant
- Proof of principal applicant’s relationship an accompanying dependent spouse or common-law partner
- Proof of principal applicant’s relationship to accompanying dependent children
Please note, there are other documents which will be needed as well. However, the above provides a great starting point.
If you have any question regarding the documents checklist, please feel free to contact us! At Akrami & Associates there is Always a Way!