Canada Work Permit Licensing Process Video

Posted in Work Permit Videos

Do you have questions in regards to licensing process in Canada? Are you unsure whether you need to obtain a license for your intended occupation? If so, watch our video on Work Permit Licensing Process to get your answers!!

Canada Work Permit Licensing Process

There are a lot of questions about the licencing process in Canada, certain trades require a licence before you can actually work under that trade.

Question 1:

What if the intended occupation differs from past employment meaning if you applied under the permanent residence under the express entry route or economic routes and your occupation differs from the actual intended work experience.

If you have work experience as an accountant and you want to apply under the express entry route with a different occupation because you have a job offer as a painter and the employer is willing to employ you and he has successfully received a Positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), then you definitely continue as the painter under the Express Entry route.  Meaning your occupation or job offer in Canada doesn’t have to be the same as your work experience outside of Canada. But in order to be successful you must demonstrate your skill set.

Question 2:

Do I need to secure licensing before applying for Permanent Residence (PR)?

This is a question related to your Permanent Residence (PR). If you are a painter for example and the province you are applying for requires you to have a license then you do not need to secure that licensing prior to applying for PR. If you were a painter back home and have the work experience and like to continue in this category you may do so without securing any licensing in that particular province that you may reside in. Another example, would be engineers certain engineers require a license before they work in the field, when applying for PR you do not need to demonstrate that you actually have it

Question 3:

What if the intended occupation requires registration or licensing?

It is different when you ask the question what if the intended occupation requires registration or licensing. The difference here is in relation to a Work Permit if you have applied for Work Permit then the answer is yes. if you are physically working in that province based on that LMIA that has been approved, you’re going to need that licence because you’re going to tell Service Canada that you have the credentials, you have the background, you have the province licence registration to approve your LMIA application. So for a Work Permit you do need it but for a PR application you do not.

If you have any questions about registration and licensing then contact Akrami & Associates today.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Canada Work Permit and many other immigration matters, check out our site:

or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tags: Do I need a License to obtain a work permit in Canada Do I need to secure a work license before applying for permanent residency in Canada Canada Work Permit Licensing and Registration Process Canada Work Permit Licensing Process Work Permit and Permanent Residency Licensing Process How long is a Canadian Work Permit Valid for Who needs a work permit in Canada Canada Work Permit Requirements What Documents Should I Include in my Work Permit Application Canada Canada Work Permit Documents Eligibility Criteria to Obtain Work Permit in Canada how can i work in canada Do i need a job offer to work in Canada Work Permit Processing Times Work permit for Canada Work Permit

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here