Giovanni Blog

Giovanni Blog about Canadian Immigration matters.

Requirements Under Express Entry

Requirements Under Express Entry

If you are interested to apply under the Express Entry route, you will need you know the requirements of the Express Entry system. You have to comply with those requirements in order to be selected from the pool of candidates. These requirements are:

Language Proficiency:

You will need to take a language proficiency test. You will need to prepare yourself for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Once you have results, then Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will assess you through your test results whether you are eligible to immigrate to Canada under one of the Federal Programs that are part of the Express Entry system.


If you have studied in Canada then you do not need to assess you degree, diploma or certificate. But if you have not studied in Canada and have completed your education elsewhere then you may need to have your educational credentials (your foreign degree, diploma or certificate) assessed against Canadian standards. Your education level has to comply with Canadian education standards according to be eligibility to immigrate to Canada under one of the Federal Programs which are part of the Express Entry system.

Work Experience:

You may not need assessment if you have minimum one year of recent work experience in Canada or have work experience in a skilled trade.

You also need to know the skill type of the job your work experience is in. You also need to know the National Occupational Classification (NOC) System to find out whether your work experience is valid under one of the three Federal Programs.

Comprehensive Ranking System

You need to know the Comprehensive Ranking System. You will be assessed under a number of criteria`s. If you are highest-ranked then CIC will provide you with an opportunity to apply for permanent residence.


You also need to go through a medical examination and a criminal background check. You have to be admissible. If you are inadmissible under Immigration and Refugee Protection Act then you are not eligible. You may need to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit or Criminal Rehabilitation to qualify.

If you are interested to come to Canada as permanent resident under this new class, feel free to call us. We will definitely help you achieve your goal and explore new options with great success! Call us today!

Passport Requirements Coming Into Canada
Changes in the Live-In Caregiver Program

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here